Salmon is high in omega-3s, super easy to cook and doesn’t have an overly “fishy” smell. This Honey Glazed Salmon is a great seafood dish for kids. It’s flavoursome with a hint of sweetness, balanced with the tamari/soy sauce. Capsicum, zucchini and potatoes round out this dish beautifully, providing a colourful and nutritious bed of veggies.
Interesting side note; if you notice white droplets accumulating on the top of the salmon, these are rich in omega-3s, and so is the grey-coloured meat right next to the skin. Enjoy both to reap the highest hit of omega-3s.
💡 “Tamari (or tamari shoyu) is a Japanese sauce made from soybeans. It has a thicker consistency and a more balanced flavour than Chinese soy sauce. It’s also vegan and gluten-free.
🍽 1 serve | ⏱ 30 minutes
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- 150g skinless salmon fillet
- 1/2 red capsicum, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 2 small potatoes
- Lemon wedge
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Combine the honey, tamari, sesame oil and sesame seeds in a small bowl. Add the salmon & toss to coat. Set aside for 10 min
- Place the capsicum and zucchini on the baking tray & drizzle with olive oil
- Top with the salmon & drizzle over the remaining marinade. Bake for 15 min
- Prick potatoes with a fork several times and place in a microwave-safe dish with 1/4 cup of water
- Microwave for 4 minutes then check. If still firm, turn over and repeat for a further 3 minutes
- Serve honey-glazed salmon and veggies with boiled potatoes
- Garnish with lime wedges, if desired
If you’d like to learn more or get recipes like this in your inbox once a month, get in contact with us or hit the subscribe button…